Be Sure to Vote on Nov 6
As Election Day nears, the races for the two local special district boards have been tame, and probably the least controversial special districts elections in years past. Other than the economic problems of the Lehigh Acres fire district, only a few other issues are being addressed by any other candidate.
US Attorney General Eric Holder once said in an interview about voting, “What we’re talking here is a constitutional right. This is not a privilege. The right to vote is something that fundamental to who we are as Americans. We have people who have given their lives, people have sacrificed a great deal in order for people to have the right to vote. It’s what distinguishes the United States from most other countries.”
Be sure to voter on Tuesday November 6, 2012
The following are the candidates running to fill seats on the two boards.
Lehigh Acres Fire Control and Rescue District
- Seat 1: Robert G. “Bob” Hewitt, and Cathy Kruse.
- Seat 3: Larry Becker, incumbent, Ronald L. Krome, William E. Liedtke, and Bob Robbins.
- Seat 4: David Adams, incumbent, and Brandon C. Morris.
- Seat 5: Jacqueline Y. Danis, and Ralph B. Hemingway Jr.
East County Water Control District
- Seat 1: Neal Horrom, Dewey A. Tyler, and Michael J. Welch, incumbent.
- Seat 3: Frank T. Larosa, Kenneth K. Thompson, and Joseph L. Whalen.
- Seat 5: Nathan Stout, incumbent, and Edward “Edd” Terry Weiner.