Disturbed Weather In The Caribbean Sea And The Gulf of Mexico:
Special to the Lehigh Acres Gazette Source NHC
1. Cloudiness and showers associated with a tropical wave located several hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands continue to show signs of organization. Slow development is possible during the next few days while the wave moves westward at 15-20 mph over the tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…medium…50 percent.
2. A large area of disturbed weather has formed over the western Caribbean Sea and the adjacent portions of Central America. Conditions appear to be favorable for gradual development of this system while it moves slowly northwestward across the Yucatan Peninsula this weekend and into the southern and central Gulf of Mexico early next week. Regardless of development, heavy rains are likely to spread over portions of Central America and the Yucatan
Peninsula during the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…medium…60 percent.