It’s A Safe Pool Party!
Join Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida and the Kohl’s Kids Safety Program for a free pool safety party on Saturday, Mar. 16 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Lehigh Acres Pool, 1400 West 5th Street, Lehigh Acres. Learn ways to help your family stay safe while having fun in and around the swimming pool.
“In the state of Florida, we lose the equivalent of three classrooms of preschoolers to drowning each year”, said Michele King, Director of the Child Advocacy Program at The Children’s Hospital. “We must keep our children safe with layers of protection and constant adult supervision when they are in or near water.”
Drowning is the leading cause of death for children under age 5 in the state of Florida and is 100% preventable. Just follow the safety tips below:
· Never leave a child unattended in a pool or spa and always watch your child when he or she is in or near water.
· Teach children basic water safety tips.
· Keep children away from pool drains, pipes and other openings to avoid entrapments.
· Have a telephone close by when you or your family is using a pool or spa.
· If a child is missing, look for him or her in the pool or spa first.
· Share safety instructions with family, friends and neighbors.
Free admission and refreshments. For more information, call Kohl’s Kids Safety Program at 239-343-5224.