Lehigh Senior Center
January 2013 Calendar
The Acres Senior Citizens Center, 219 Plaza Drive, welcomes anyone 50 or older. Lehigh Regional Medical Center is the center’s major sponsor and provides food for its breakfasts and many special events. Join the center for $15 a year and enjoy the Lee County pool on Williams Road for an extra $10 a year. It costs $2 a day for nonmembers for the center. Special events have other requirements; please inquire at the main desk.
Check out the center online at lehighacresseniorcitizenscenter.com. Call 369-5355.
• Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. Bingo with large jackpots. Nonmembers are welcome.
• Monday-Friday, 9-11 a.m. Free blood pressure checks for members.
• Mondays at 10:30 a.m. Meet with the social club and plan trips for the weekends.
• Fridays, 1:30-3:45 p.m. Karaoke and dance. Free to all members.
• Jan. 9 at 11:30 a.m. Hot Dog Day. $2 for hot dog, chips and soda. Members must sign up a week in advance.
• Jan. 10 at 9 a.m. Doctors Breakfast. Dr. Crowley will speak about eye health. Free breakfast provided by Lehigh Regional Medical Center. Must sign up in advance.
• Jan. 10, 7-9 p.m. Dance. Live music. $4 for members and $5 for nonmembers.
• Jan. 11, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Elections for the board. Come any time between those hours to cast your vote.
• Jan. 14 at 11:30 a.m. Lunch Bunch. Firearm Safety and concealed weapons overview. Lunch provided for free for members who sign up a week in advance.
• Jan. 16 at 8:45 a.m. Immokalee casino trip. Must sign up in advance. $20 includes your ride to Immokalee, $30 worth of free play and a $5 food voucher.
• Jan. 17 at 12:30 p.m. January birthday lunch and party free for members only. $7.50 for guest.
• Jan. 17, 1:15-1:30 p.m. Horse racing. $1 gets you three races.
• Jan. 21 at 9:30 a.m. Martin Luther King Potluck Breakfast — Bring a breakfast casserole to share and learn something about this special day. Sign up a week in advance.
• Jan. 22 at 10:30 a.m. Meet-N-Eat. Meet at the center and carpool to Nino’s on Daniels Parkway. You must sign up in advance.
• Jan. 23 at 9:30 a.m. Pancake Breakfast. $1.50 for pancakes or French toast, sausage and coffee.