Lightning Blamed In House Fire
Fire break out inside a Lehigh Acres home Thursday at 1641 Country Club Parkway.
According to the resident, the blaze started after lightning struck and her refrigerator immediately caught fire, spreading through the kitchen. It caused extensive damage to the interior of the home.
Lehigh Acres firefighters were ultimately able to extinguish the flames to keep the fire from spreading throughout the house. Fire officials confirmed the call came in around 1:30 pm and the fire was caused by a lightning strike.
Most damage is in the kitchen and one bedroom but there is smoke and water damage elsewhere. No one was hurt, and the Lee County Red Cross is assisting the family.