Seven Candidates Qualify For
District 19 Special Election
The qualifying period for the special election to replace former Congressman Trey Radel closed at noon Wednesday.
Seven candidates are on the list to fill the FL-19 seat. Below are their names and how they qualified.
- Lizbeth Benacquisto (R) – Made ballot by petition method
- Curt Clawson (R) – Made ballot by petition method
- Michael Dreikorn (R) – Paid qualifying fee
- April Freeman (D) – Made ballot by petition method
- Paige Kreegel (R) – Paid qualifying fee
- Ray Netherwood (LPF) – Paid qualifying fee
- Timothy Rossano (R) – Qualified as a write-in candidate
The primary election will be held April 22nd and the general election is scheduled for June 24th. The winner will have to run for the seat again in just a few months.